For the third time I am giving up 10 days of my holiday to experience the brilliant professional learning available at NCSS (National Computer Science School).
I am in a slightly different capacity this time around as I am a Teacher/Tutor. This is a bit strange for me as there are 3 of us and I'm sure we'll be an invaluable resource for our fellow teachers but we're still defining the role so I'm a bit unsure who I am at the moment.
We've just completed Day 1. It's only a short day so this won't be a very full post but we're all already immersed.
Run down for the day:
- Lunch with early arrivals
- Meet the teachers (What a great bunch! I'm excited by how many have been before)
- Afternoon Tea and Registration
- Official welcome to the program
- Lecture 1
- Dinner and kick off of murder (I hold the record for the first kill! But was dead before I left the dining room)
- Getting to know our groups and team building activity
Lecture 1 was fairly straightforward - it's always a challenge to excite the experienced kids without alienating the inexperienced ones. The lecturers did a great job of developing rapport.